Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick Review!

Saturday 26 July 2014



 



 If you're looking for a 'My Lips But Better' lipstick then this may well be the post for you. I picked up the Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick (shade 26) In the Bourjois Paris Goodie bag I was so generously given at Graduate Fashion Week last month.

As you guys know, I'm a massive fan of a natural nude and pink lip and when I had a little rummage through my Bourjois bag I didn't really think much of this lipstick, purely based on the packaging alone. I'd never heard of the Bourjois Shine Edition range, nor had I ever had an interest in shiny glossy lipsticks.

A few weeks after I received it, curiosity got the better of me. When I opened the tube and realised that the lipstick wasn't the horrendous warm brown shade that the bottom of the tube suggested, but was in fact a gorgeous natural pink I was pleasantly surprised.

I love how close to my natural lip colour this lipstick actually is and it's what I like to call a 'lazy girl lipstick' as the colour works well to enhance the natural shade, with minimal effort. It also fades throughout the day in a natural way, meaning I don't find myself with lipstick left on the outer edges of my lips and nothing in the middle, which is certainly never a good look when you're glued to your desk at work with no mirror in sight. I'd say you get around 4-5 hours with this one. it's not the most long lasting, but as it's such a natural shade, it's no fuss to reapply - when you eventually get around to it.

This Bourjois Shine edition lipstick has unexpectedly found it's way into my go to lip product pile and honestly, I only wish I'd started wearing it sooner.

I'd love to hear about your favourite 'My lips but better' lipsticks. Which brands should I try next? Let me know in the comments.
Em xxx



12 comments:

  1. it looks amazing on you!
    Jina
    www.beautyblogmark.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like the packaging of it! I hate it when lipstick fades awkwardly so it's good that it stays even, definitely gets points in that aspect. I love the shade as well. It looks so natural on you, definitely a 'my lips nut better' lipstick!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty shade! :)

    Emily x
    www.emgrace.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This shade looks so pretty on you! I love the collection lip butters, very nice buttery natural colours!
    Also, can I ask what lipstick you're wearing in your side bar picture? It is so pretty!
    Meg x
    meghobson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. It already looked gorgeous from the pictures but on your lips it's simply amazing! xx

    gyudynotesofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so pretty on you, Em! I especially love the packaging- despite the "horrendous brown looking shade" ;)

    xx

    Shree
    PorcelainShree | A Charming Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this shade, I actually don't mind the packaging x
    eleanor's adventures in wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks lovely on you! I will have to have a look at this next time im shopping!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so lovely! I always end up buying these kind of lipsticks, the Dior Addicts and KIKO Ultra Glossy Stylos are deffo ones you should try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such a beautiful shade, it looks gorgeous on you!
    My favourite lipstick brands are Revlon and Chanel... great colour selection and formulas :)

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete